In this article, readers will get worthy information about the countryside skiing in Norway. All the countryside skiers who are looking for the comparatively easy trip in Norwegian Hill, one area which is consider worth visiting is hill country in the west of the Espedalen, long valley which is located around about seventy km to northwest of town of the Lillehammer, should read this article.
During the mid of nineteenth century, this valley was considered a very famous and busy place. Moreover, it was largest nickel mining center in the entire world and huge number of males worked in this valley. However currently you can see only rare signs of this activity. Furthermore, now valley is empty and peaceful.
Skiers can easily reach there by taking the early morning sleeper from the Oslo Airport to the Lillehammer. After that, take afternoon automobile to the Espedalen. Remember, that automobile drop off the passengers at every hotel in Espedalen valley. It is advisable to stay or spend first plus previous nights of trip at these hotels.
Furthermore, after first night in the hotel, skiers might set off on their trip, every night residing in compartments managed by the DNT i.e. Norwegian Mountain Trekking Association. Before planning further please that all the compartments, expect one in this valley is without the staff. However, these cabins are highly equipped with firewood, food and cooking equipment. Unstaffed compartments are locked however; you can take the keys from DNT but after getting the membership of this association.
Broadly speaking, throughout the time between Easter and mid-February, canes are places in the snow at fixed interval marks the ways between the cabins. There are numerous potential tour routes, but the below mentioned version is reliable. As we move further, skiers will see that tour is quite short. Nevertheless, several skiers spend two nights at every cabin in addition take the chance to perform day trip with the light packs.
The trip of skiers
- Firstly, it takes the skiers to the Storholiseter hut, a complete distance of about 15-20 km resting on skiers starting point. Skiers must remember that this route mostly goes through the forests of spruce and cane, until they come out of trees, some more kilometers before entering Storholiseter, which is consider as a huge collection of huts that previously worked as a highlands farm. Accommodation of the DNT spread out between two huts, consists of total eighteen beds.
- Secondly, it takes skiers to the Storkvelvbu hut, a total distance of around about twelve km. on this way skiers gradually climb the height of the 1200m. Moreover, skiers must have the perfect and clear view of Norway’s highest Jotunheim Mountain, off to their right.
- Thirdly, it goes to the Haldorbu, a cabin of total sixteen best located at 1025m directly above the sea level. Moreover, the total distance is fourteen km.
- Route 4 goes to the Liomseter it is supervised hut. Moreover, the entire distance from Haldorbu to the Liomseter is approximately sixteen km. on their way; skiers lose around about 100m in the elevator and after that come down under the tree line. It is very huge building and consists of forty beds. When supervised, it also severs the food and skiers can enjoy the extra bonus of hot shower.
- Finally, in order end the tour skiers will ski down to the empty place known as Synsgardsætra. It is round about fifteen km away from the Liomseter. Here the best option is to go back to the cabin where you have spent your first night. After that manage come, pick you from the Synsgardsætra and drop you back in the hotel. After that, skiers can take the van to Lillehammer early morning and from Lillehammer, you can take train to the Oslo Airport.
By following all the information given in this article
You can make your trip more exciting. It is advisable to do enormous research and get firsthand information before going to the Espedalen valley. If you do so, you will surely get the more thrilling and exciting experience. Try to follow the above-mentioned route carefully for safe and secure journey.